la vie des Français
Since 2007, you learn to speak real French at Méditerranez-vous. How?
- lessons aren’t constrained by the 4 walls of the school, but take place outside of them too, in the real world (at the market, in restaurants, at the theatre, at the university, in a “sensitive” neighbourhood, on a farm, in a bakery)
- groups are made up of 3-5 students on average: you will have plenty of time to speak!
- your teacher stays with you during your breaks, and has lunch with you
- your group is fixed and does not change from week to week: a friendly atmosphere conducive to learning is fostered.
To learn to speak a language, a complete environment of warmth, humanity and trust is required: this is what I have created for you.
French immersion school
I created this school in 2008 because, after a long career abroad, I wanted to propose a different pedagogical concept to foreigners who want to learn French or improve their level in France.
I received a diploma in FLE (French as a foreign language) in 1991, and then spent nearly 20 years abroad teaching French in extremely varied contexts in terms of countries and types of students.
I taught in Hungary, Bolivia, Israel, and Denmark; I worked for Instituts Français, Alliances Françaises, universities, and international companies. I met lovers of the French language, UN diplomats, NGO personnel, future French teachers, businessmen, and university students…
The contact with all these cultures was an amazing experience in pedagogical and culture diversity. Méditerranez-vous is the fruit of this experience.
Since returning to France, I’ve worked full time on Méditerranez-vous. I teach most of the courses personally, because teaching remains my favorite occupation!
French immersion school
Méditerranez-vous has a team that I have personally recruited and selected to help you to learn French:
I’ve recruited a team of teachers who teach different courses, depending on their specialties.
I chose them because they have the qualities that good teachers should have:
- they have a degree in French as a foreign language, because only (or practically only!) university provides structuring for the theoretical and didactic reflection at the basis of the profession;
- they are motivated, because they must want to pass on knowledge;
- they are rigorous and structured in their teaching, because the learning of a language is built up step by step;
- they are dynamic and have a sense of humor, because students learn well only when they have pleasure;
- they have experience of living abroad and of learning foreign languages, because having been faced with cultural diversity oneself is a plus for teaching one’s language to foreigners.
Meeting and exchanging with French people are an integral part of the Méditerranez-vous courses. These people are not teachers; they are people who will help you practice « real-life » French and to familiarize yourself with different types of accents, ways of speaking, and vocabulary.
For example, you may meet: :
- the artist Agathe Catel (her website ici)
- a social worker
- an elected representative
- an architect
- a wine grower
- a policeman
- a political or NGO activist
- a school teacher
- a baker Catel (son site)
Your second teachers! I recommend that you live at the home of a French person in order to take full advantage of your linguistic and cultural stay in Montpellier. That way, you’ll have the occasion to continue to speak French outside the classes and to experience total immersion in French culture.
I’ve carefully selected your hosts, so that everything goes well during your stay. They all want their guests to discover their culture and their daily life… and to find out about yours. They all like welcoming foreigners in their homes and will love talking with you.
That’s right, because you’ll eat lunch with your teacher in local, authentic little restaurants. Isn’t that the best way to understand local culture and to continue to speak French in a friendly atmosphere?
I’ve selected several restaurants for you, not only based on the quality of their cuisine and their reasonable prices, but also because they represent a certain French art de vivre. They’ll know how to give you a liking for French cuisine… of the Mediterranean variety, of course.
I would like to know more
You want to know more about the courses? Do you have questions or a specific request? You do not know your level of French to choose your course? Fill out the form below and I will get back to you.